Sunday, May 2, 2010

My bags are packed and I am ready to go...

In 29 years, it was my first snow in Dec ‘09. I hail from a tropical country, India where the winters are never as harsh as in Toronto. My work assignment brought me here in Sep 2009. Come November the days got remarkably shorter and the nights colder till finally it snowed. After the heavy pounding all night long, the vista from my apartment was breath-taking. Trees, cars, streets and the park in between the constellation of apartments - everything whitewashed with powder snow! I was inexperienced and did not realize that paddling though the snow would be a totally different ball game. That evening after office I bought snow-boots and a two layered, snow-proof jacket. Rest of the winter was all snow and the travel crazy adventurer in me had no option but to stay indoors watching old movies several times over in the week-ends and weather the snow to/from office on week-days. My first winter in Toronto was not so exiting time after all!

But now with the onset of spring, there is a dance in every step and a song in every lip! And boy am I happy to finally unfreeze from my winter hibernation of suspended animation? Every week-end I go for day tours of the city, cycle around, take a walk – do stuff to absorb in all that Toronto has to offer. For long week-ends I have my calendar all planned till July. Tobermory trip in May 22-24 and NYC trip booked for mid-June. My bags are packed and I can’t wait to go…

2 comments:

  1. Great! Enjoy life to the fullest .... BTW its a spring in every step and a song in every lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut some time and hav my wink at your blog. really a nice work and effort you have put, just pondering that passion has that impetus which ppl persure however busy they are, elated to c buddy's creative caliber, wish a great luck in coming days in this fied. gung ho!!!!

    -Suddy

    ReplyDelete