Friday, April 23, 2010

Yawn...z Z z

“….And on the seventh day God came to the end of all his work; and on the seventh day he took his rest from all the work which he had done". God needed it, he made us in his ‘likeness’ and so we need it. Confused? I am referring to rest. I am unclear whether God worked incessantly for six days, but I believe he did rest!
For those of my friends who are atheists, let’s look at the importance of rest and sleep from a modern scientific perspective. Sleep rejuvenates the body and sharpens cognitive functions. It stands proved, sleep debt causes mental, emotional, and physical fatigue and when prolonged heightens risks for weight gain, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes and cardio-vascular diseases. So what’s the magic number? For a normal adult 7–8 hours of sleep at the ‘right time’ daily should do the trick.
By now you must be wondering as to why this blog? I have a few friends who did not get this information at the right time and have suffered. My mother knows it, but is too busy doing ‘more important’ things. This is why I am relentless and want this message to go out to one and all, so that they may benefit from it. After all life is not a race, let’s enjoy it as we pass along

No comments:

Post a Comment