Thursday, July 22, 2010

Joy of Jiving to Jovi

July 21st 2010 shall remain ever etched in my memory! For it was Bon Jovi's concert at Rogers Center, Toronto – the venue could not have been better. I had got tickets to this event online a month back and was eagerly waiting for the day. After all, since my early college days I have grown up listening to Rock and Pop – especially Floyd, Scorpions, Bryan and Jovi.
On d-day, I reached the venue much in advance and lined up to take the actual ticket by exchanging the e-receipt. Lucky me, my ticket had got upgraded to one of the prestiged seats in the VIP Lounge of Roger’s center!! Folks who have not been to Roger’s VIP lounge - let me try to give you an idea of how it is. It has a vista similar to the player’s enclosure/media room of a cricket stadium, upgraded with comfortable sofas and cushions (much like the VIP lounges at a multiplex).
The concert stage was straight ahead of me and the huge screen made it look as if Jovi was jiving just an arm’s distance from me. The concert packed in a lot of energy and excitement, with a mix of new and popular songs. People were dancing, cheering and the entire atmosphere was electric with not a single seat unclaimed! Putting it all together, with my fancy run with luck, it remains one the most remarkable live concerts I have been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment