Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Secret of Krishna's Flute

The devotees and Gopis of Krishna were very jealous of the Divine Flute (Murali) that got to spend the most time with the Lord, closest to his rose-petal like lips. On being approached by the devotees, the Divine Murali of Lord Krishna revealed its secret in these words:

I know neither magic nor the art of attraction. 
I do not possess any merits either. 
I am simply a forest reed, hollow within and bereft of any beauty. 
Krishna, my lord, finds this attitude of mine as the greatest virtue. 
In turn, i encourage you to ‘Empty yourself and He will fill you’ 
It is He whose breath blows through me and enchants you all. 
My dear friends, if you too empty yourselves of all pride and ego, 
He will fill every atom of your body with His love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment