Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My New Love: Tableau as a BI Solution

Let me introduce you to the latest love of my life, Tableau (Link). With my creativity at an all time high, it has met its perfect match in Tableau. This BI and Analytic tool claims to make data beautiful. So true! and its so easy. You could build visualizations, complex trend-charts, box-whisker plots, dual axis graphs, filled Geo-maps. This calls for the attention of the BI community. I agree with Gartner BI products 2014 evaluation. They have placed Tableau as a leader ahead of Cognos, Microstrategy for a good reason (click Link for more on the BI Gartner magic-quadrant).

Without much ado let me share a viz i created with Tableau for fun on dummy retail data.






If you are interested in hiring me to help you out with building awesome BI solutions, please reach out to my email: ojoswi@gmail.com or visit my LinkedIn profile and leave me a message (LinkedIn)

3 comments: