Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A life transforming retreat!

On 15th December, I attended a religious retreat, centenary birthday celebration of Swami Ranganathanand-ji's, my 'Guru' and the 13th president of Ramakrishna Math and Mission. This seminar was pivoted upon the topic Total character building for success in lines of Ramakrishna - Vivekananda - Vedanta philosophy. This was the first religious retreat that I have atttended till date. There were eminent monks of the Ramakrishna order, orators of international repute, delegates from across the globe, who shared their views attuned to Ranganathananada's ideals. Some senior monks shared some incidents from Ranganathananada-ji's life, spoke about his ideals, his life and his work. The day was truly an enriching experience. I purchased swami Ranganathananada-ji's book on his interpritation of the bhagvat Gita. This day shall remain etched in my memory as a day that changed me into a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment